Saturday, February 12, 2011

chemo #2 was monday feb 7th

the doc was going to adjust the dose since the fatigue gets worse with each treatment.  I said don't do it.  I would rather feel bad and get more meds to the "poison" so we can get this &$!+.... so he said we would see how I do with the same dose as last time. a friend Kelly came a watched movies with me today.  David went back to work for a while.  Nice to spend time with Kelly.  Had not talked to her for a while.

I figured out some advantages for not having my own hair:

  • saves money on hair dresser appts.  will miss the great conversation, Jan
  • also save on hair color supply
  • waking in the wind the hair does not blow in my mouth
  • when leaning over the sink to brush my teeth nothing gets in my way
  • no eating hair with food
  • David can have the hair dryer all to himself, all thirty seconds it takes him the dry the "strip" around the bottom of his head
  • if my head get hot I can just pull off my hat or wig
  • when it grows back I know that I look good in short spiky hair, since I used to have hair almost that short
  • it should shorten my preparation time significantly
  • I'm sure there are more, and I will come up with them as time passes, feel free to chime in.
went to whole foods-depressed in there
then went to bed bath and beyond-better in there
then to walmart-always great there

1 comment:

  1. I love your sense of humor! I am cracking up about David's "strip" - not laughing at him but my hubby is shiny, shaven, bald too! ;-) My friend loved her hair when it grew back, it was this gorgeous wavy thick hair - totally different than what she had before chemo. There's a war going on in your body so no wonder you'e exhausted. Rest, and rest some more. Your body needs it. If Whole Foods prices depressed you, I totally agree - but I love the store. Their baked goods are awesome too. Praying for you! See you next week. xoxo Deb

    ReplyDelete